Monday, January 4, 2010

You and the Rain

{This is another one from 9th grade.  Note: Sono Inamoramento is Italian for "I'm falling in love".  At the time it's what I felt.}

We stood on the steps before the rain,
Deciding if we should run or if we should stay.
We run.
Look at the sky at blues and grays,
Not gloomy, but beauty, like none could say.
We look.
The rain falls harder and now we're soaked,
We're both laughing, but no one joked.
We smile.
We stop for a moment to catch a break,
A look into your eyes is what I take.
Time stops.
Your eyes are like angels of silvery tones
Dancing behind a glass of sapphire stones.
I'm awestruck.
I'm breathless.
Only one moment.
I return to reality and all I see is
You're staring back at me.
I blush.
The rain has slowed down as we walk,
Never do touch, but stand close and talk.
sono innamoramento

No comments:

Post a Comment