Thursday, January 7, 2010

So It Seems

{Another poem from 9th grade.  This one's actually pretty random, I just threw it together one day}

Alone, unwanted, afraid, and lost.
Waiting, searching, hurting, maybe not.
Looking, longing, missing something.
The good, bad, things in between.
All the truths that transpose through me.
I'm an outcast to all outcasts,
I'm a lone warrior of God. . .
Or so it seems.
The truth is I'm not as alone as I appear.
I have a friend or two right there beside me.
I have God and I have angels.
I have the Truth and the Light.
I have my best friend, who is also my Knight.
When I forget these facts, I lose all hope.
When I forget, I feel I want to die.
I'll never forget what that friend did for me. . .
When he made me smile, he gave me life.
When he talked to me, I felt revived.
In my darkest times, he showed me the light.
He will always be my friend, my love, my knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment