Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Strife and Desire

Falling, falling, never stops.
I'm hoping, waiting, and nothing.
Failing, dieing, falling apart.
Hoping simply for something.

Pounding, echoes, never cease
Pounding my head and heart.
Praying for some sweet release,
Finding only pain and weakness.

Searching, searching, hope to find
Someone waiting for me.
Clambering for our hands to meet,
Only to be left lonely.

Weary, so weary, of it all.
My heart still pounds,
I still fall.
I'm still waiting for his hand.

Reaching, reaching to anyone.
I can no longer stand.
I'm crying, pleading.
Someone take my hand!

My heart is now embittered,
I do not want this.
So little that I want,
So much amiss.

I just want my other half
I just need some joy.
I need to hear him sing and laugh,
I long to feel him near.

Longing for that I'm promised,
For that I've prayed.
It's nothing much, please.
But alone I have stayed.

Sure, I have a friend.
He's kept me alive.
But give my strife an end,
And let me thrive.
Let me thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment